U.S. Citizenship is required. Applicants must possess an active, Federal Government Security Clearance with polygraph.
Headquartered in Ashburn, VA, Intelligent Decisions (ID), a premier systems integrator, provides a broad range of innovative, IT professional services, software, hardware and manufacturing solutions to Federal, State and Local governments and Fortune 1000 customers. Ranked on the VARBusiness 500 and CRN's Fast Growth 100, ID offers best-value pricing and helps clients meet their strategic goals and mission objectives. ID is a results oriented organization full of smart, energetic people with a passion for solving the industry's most challenging IT problems
The Linux System Administrator III will provide Senior System Administration to development systems which parallel the operational in capability and depth. Will work closely with the ISSE team.
• Provide system administration services for Linux / UNIX infrastructure and development systems (scripting, loading machines using KickStart, system configuration).
• Ensure systems are kept in required configuration profile, including: patch maintenance, changes as required by evolvement of production environments, updating software and software configurations.
• Troubleshoot Linux systems identifying hardware, software, and procedural issues.
• Be a proactive member of team looking for improvements in technologies and efficiencies.
• Assume other duties / projects as they arise and be responsive to the needs of the department.
• Provide weekly status report on activities completed in the last week and current projects.
• Minimum ten years experience with installation, maintenance, administration, and trouble shooting of LAN, WAN, computer hardware and software.
• Experience performing and assisting with equipment specification, setup, problem resolution, and network support, related to computer hardware and software and providing assistance to users.
• Experience optimizing system operations.
• Experience ensuring licensing agreements and system currency.
• Requires advanced networking skills / knowledge and ability to maintain multi-domain networks.
• Hands-on experience with IBM BladeCenters and IBM Director Software suite.
Drug-Free Workplace/Drug Testing Employer: Intelligent Decisions maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. A successful drug screen is required prior to employment.
Authorization to Share Resume and Personal Information: By submitting your resume for this position, you authorize Intelligent Decisions to share your resume, as well as personal information included on the resume, with its subsidiaries, affiliates and teaming partners for the purpose of considering you for this position and other available positions requiring comparable skills, education and experience. Should Intelligent Decisions or its affiliates and teaming partners wish to initiate pre-employment discussions, you will be asked to complete an employment application and related employment documents.
EEO and Affirmative Action Policy: Intelligent Decisions, Inc. (ID) is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is the policy of Intelligent Decisions, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action laws, directives and regulations to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under Federal, State or Local laws.