U.S. Citizenship is required.
Headquartered in Ashburn, VA, Intelligent Decisions (ID), a premier systems integrator, provides a broad range of innovative, IT professional services, software, hardware and manufacturing solutions to Federal, State and Local governments and Fortune 1000 customers. Ranked on the VARBusiness 500 and CRN's Fast Growth 100, ID offers best-value pricing and helps clients meet their strategic goals and mission objectives. ID is a results oriented organization full of smart, energetic people with a passion for solving the industry's most challenging IT problems
The Order Entry/Customer Service Representative operates under the direction of the team lead and his/her primary responsibility is to accurately and timely: input, track, release for invoice customer-issued purchase orders; and solve customer service issues identified by the internal and external customers as related to the accurate delivery of products either shipped directly to Intelligent Decisions (ID) or drop-shipped to ID's customers. The representative communicates directly with vendors to monitor and secure the status of orders, shipping dates and delivery dates. The representative works closely with Sales, Purchasing, Finance, Receiving, Shipping and MIS personnel.
• Reviews customer orders and sales packets for accuracy and completeness and inputs data timely and accurately into the Company's computer system.
• Tracks customer shipments and deliveries using/updating the open Sales Order/Purchase Order reports, Government contract reports and contacts vendors to secure delivery promises; works closely with Purchasing and vendors to resolve delinquent/unacceptable delivery commitments.
• Notifies internal and external customers if negotiated vendor delivery promises will not meet customer requirements.
• Maintains and monitors delivery calendar/delivery commitments and overdue purchase orders until product is shipped/received.
• Secures Proof-of-Shipments and Proof-of-Delivery for open sales orders.
• Researches sales order discrepancies.
• Secures Return Material Authorizations (RMAs) from vendors, as required.
• Routes RMAs and monitors with Finance the Returns-of-Goods (ROGs) up to the issuance of a credit.
• Manages assigned customer service accounts timely and accurately to from complaint receipt to satisfaction/resolution.
• Understands and follows all ISO processes and best practices and completes corrective action documents as required.
• Excellent customer service and communication skills.
• Excellent math/analytical and documentation skills.
• Attention to detail and follow-up.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize workloads both in a team environment and independently, with minimal supervision.
• High level of Proficiency with Microsoft products including Word and Excel.
• Proficient in researching the Internet and OEM web sites for vendor/product data including transportation company tracking sites for proof of product deliveries (PODs).
• Knowledge of the Sage Software MAS 90 or MAS 200 systems desired.
Drug-Free Workplace/Drug Testing Employer