|Title:||Help Desk Manager|
U.S. Citizenship is required. Must be able to submit for a government security clearance.
Manage the IT operations and help desk team involved in providing multiple levels of support in the desktop computing and/or network infrastructure environment by creating and implementing policies and procedures to define how problems are identified, received, documented, distributed, and corrected; ensuring maximum issue resolution in minimum time; providing staffing, scheduling, and training to ensure continuous operation of desktop systems, software, and peripherals; and promoting effective client, guest, vendor, and inter-departmental relations. The current Incident Management and Problem Resolution ticketing system is BMC REMEDY.
Manage staff and activities involved in providing technical support and resolution of desktop computing and/or network infrastructure problems, installation, configuration and set-up of desktop and/or network hardware and software to include work schedule maintenance.
Candidates will be responsible for interviewing potential candidates for open positions, coaching, counseling, training, and the discipline of employees. Process time cards and resolve personnel related issues. Generation of three shift staff rotation schedules that accommodate staff absences such as vacation, sickness, child care, jury duty, court appearances, etc. that support 24x7 operations for each day of every year. Prioritize and delegate work assignments based on problem urgency, severity, impact criticality and resource skill sets to ensure timely resolution and escalate resolution activities to other Teams or support entities, as appropriate. Identify, implement, and maintain technology systems, tools, and methodologies.
• Monitor critical processes and take appropriate action
• Monitor system processes ensuring all critical and batch processes are performing as expected
• Answer all customer calls into the Helpdesk
• Process and immediately rectify all system exception and rejected messages
• Work with customers and personnel to ensure that all transactions are processed seamlessly
• Continually monitor network systems and applications as appropriate or required
• Select, execute, and control systems programs and respond to computer system messages from personnel and other systems engineers
• Utilize monitoring tools to detect system problems, isolate and identify the source and nature of the condition, and implement action to correct such problems
• Resolve the majority of the problems independently using industry standard operating procedures
• Monitor PEM alarm detail screen and take appropriate action
• Monitor Zero Latency PCs and all DMARS systems
• Monitor the Site Scan Alarms for critical warnings and notify proper support organizations and staff
• Monitor the entire computing complex including but not limited to smoke, water detection, electrical issues, A/C temperatures, generator test, Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) batteries, and computer room and building temperatures
• Assist, if necessary, with giving or receiving backup tapes to the Offsite Storage Vendor
• Ensure building security alarms are enabled or disabled, as directed
• Conduct building checks as required by each site
• Perform 8 hour rotating shifts and other functions, as directed or required
• Must have at least 2 years of management, supervision, and overseeing of daily operations experience while planning, directing, managing, overseeing, and supervising the work of others in which sound judgment was exercised and exhibited
• Must have at least 2 years of desktop computing and/or network infrastructure support management experience involving customer service, research, documentation, and implementation
• Must have technical experience in Windows XP/7, Windows Server 2003/2008, Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010, Symantec, McAfee, Microsoft WSUS/SMS/SCCM, Blackberry Enterprise Server in order to mentor employees as well as the ability to discuss / present issues to management for approval consideration
• Strong oral, written communication and training skills
• Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize job requirements and/or work tasks
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Experience in government contracting environment and ability to effectively interface with multiple customers, i.e. internal, government, contractors, etc.
Years of Experience Required:
Years of Experience Desired:
Expression of Interest
Drug-Free Workplace/Drug Testing Employer
Intelligent Decisions maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. A successful drug screen is required prior to employment.
Authorization to Share Resume and Personal Information; Employment Application; and Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
By submitting your resume for this position, you authorize Intelligent Decisions to share your resume, as well as personal information included on the resume, with its subsidiaries, affiliates and teaming partners for the purpose of considering you for this position and other available positions requiring comparable skills, education and experience. Should Intelligent Decisions or its affiliates and teaming partners wish to initiate pre-employment discussions, you will be asked to complete an employment application and related employment documents. Intelligent Decisions is an EOE M/F/D/V employer.