U.S. Citizenship is required. Applicants must possess an active, Federal Government Security Clearance with polygraph.
• Performs installation, administration, management, configuration, testing, and integration tasks related to the Fault and Performance tools. These include BMC BEM, SIM, BPM, BPPM, HP NNM, and CA eHealth—EMS tools.
• Develops, implements, and executes standard procedures for the administration, backup, disaster recovery, and operation of the EMS tools including operating system security hardening, backup management, capacity planning, change management, version/patch management, and lifecycle upgrade management.
• Configure EMS tools to provide up-to-date operational and performance status of servers and applications.
• Perform actions and activities on Solaris, Linux, and Windows operating systems as needed.
• Interfaces with IT Operations staff to adapt EMS tool capabilities to meet operational requirements.
• Tunes EMS tools performance and event data quality to maximized EMS system efficiency.
• Assists with analysis using EMS and other tools to detect and respond to IT events, incidents, and outages.
• Developing EMS tool configurations to meet analyst correlation requirements as well as performing event quality maintenance tasks
• Performing systems hardening to DoD Standards
• Apply vendor patches and new designs to keep products up-to-date and meet security requirements.
• Maintaining up to date documentation of designs/configurations
• Create shell and perl scripts to facilitate automated tasks
• Work with other Service Providers to support areas of common interest
• Working with software and hardware vendors
• On-call support may be required
- Experience with BMC fault and performance management tools; including installation, configuration, and administration
- Fault event rules development, performance threshold management
- Experience with tools in an enterprise environment
- Experience with one or more of security hardening, backup management, capacity planning, change management, or patch management.
- Event analysis
- Strong background in Unix, Solaris, Linux, or Windows servers
- Scripting skills
- Specific experience with BMC tools including BPM, BPPM, BEM, and SIM including service modeling
- Experience with CA eHealth or other network performance tools
- Windows, Solaris, or Linux administration
- Service Model development
Drug-Free Workplace/Drug Testing Employer