U.S. Citizenship is required.
The Sr. Software Engineer will develop software as an integral part of a project team for an interactive virtual simulation solution in support of Army training.
• Full lifecycle development: requirements, design, development, test.
• Participate in relevant aspects of application design with software engineers, system engineers, hardware engineers, and program management.
• Incorporate new hardware and software technologies into products.
• Consult and assist other software engineers on their projects as required.
• Understand abstract concepts and apply solutions to real training needs and requirements.
• Provide on-site support as required for such activities as initial fielding, user evaluation, customer acceptance testing, and training and other key events.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
• 5+ years experience in requirements analysis, software design, implementation, trouble shooting, and documentation
• In-depth knowledge of MS Visual Studio, Eclipse, and C++
• Experience in OOA and OOD
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Good communication skills and a team oriented attitude
• Flexibility and ability to adapt quickly to changing circumstances and work priorities in a timely manner is necessary
• Ability to perform technical writing in order to describe software requirements and design specifications
• Experience with distributed simulation architectures and protocols
• Virtual simulation training background
• GUI design and development
• Gaming software development or related experience
• Working knowledge of UML/OMT
• Development on Windows platform
Drug-Free Workplace/Drug Testing Employer