U.S. Citizenship is required. Applicants must possess an active, Federal Government Security Clearance.
**THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING**
The Field Service Technician is responsible for maintaining all DSTS equipment to ensure the continued capability of the DSTS System to support squad-level training on a daily basis.
• Performs autonomous operations in support of DSTS at field locations throughout the world.
• Schedules Preventative/Corrective Maintenance
• Manages spare parts and spare part inventories
• Assesses RMA needs
• Coordinates with government daily on equipment status
• Updates and maintains inventory and control of GFP/GFE, tools, spares and test equipment.
• Capable of filling in for the DSTS Operator if and when the need arises.
• Perform preventive maintenance of all equipment per a pre-defined maintenance schedule
• Battery management to include removal and installation before/after an exercise and the re-charging of batteries as directed by the battery management plan to ensure the maximum re-use of the batteries.
• Trouble-shooting and replacement of defective equipment using applicable standard tools and equipment.
• Return of defective equipment including packaging and shipping.
• Acceptance of new/replacement equipment including unpacking and installation.
• Logging maintenance data.
• Perform system administrator (SA) duties to support DSTS site operations to include:
• Ensuring the software and computers are operating properly.
• Ensuring the correct software is downloaded to each computer
• Making sure that log files are cleared to ensure allocations are not exceeded
• Troubleshooting and reporting software problems
• Developing scripts to make operations more efficient.
• Performing system software upgrades.
• Maintain on-site automated logs for pre-operational checkout, preventative and corrective maintenance actions, inventory control, and system usage rate data.
• Training, education and/or experience in simulations and/or their use for training.
• Ability to rapidly learn new software and software-related concepts.
• Capability to readily grasp new concepts and ideas.
• Good communication skills and a team oriented attitude.
• Computer or computer-related operation and troubleshooting experience.
• Computer software installation, maintenance and upgrade experience.
• Physical capability to lift 50 pounds unassisted and/or 150 pounds as part of a two-man lift.
• Ability to lead/control others in a training environment.
• Keen problem solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule when necessitated by training requirements.
• Experience with virtual simulations and VBS2
• Prior experience in the set up and conduct of US Army training exercises
• Prior US Army service (Infantry preferred) or significant experience in the conduct of US Army Infantry training
• IASO 1 online course (now called Information Assurance Fundamentals Training)
• COMPTia A+ certification OR Network + certification OR SSCP certification
• Windows 7 OS certification
Drug-Free Workplace/Drug Testing Employer