U.S. Citizenship is required. Applicants must possess an active, Federal Government Security Clearance.
**THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING**
The Field Service Technician is responsible for maintaining all DSTS equipment to ensure the continued capability of the DSTS System to support squad-level training on a daily basis.
• Performs autonomous operations in support of DSTS at field locations throughout the world.
• Schedules Preventative/Corrective Maintenance
• Manages spare parts and spare part inventories
• Assesses RMA needs
• Coordinates with government daily on equipment status
• Updates and maintains inventory and control of GFP/GFE, tools, spares and test equipment.
• Capable of filling in for the DSTS Operator if and when the need arises.
• Perform preventive maintenance of all equipment per a pre-defined maintenance schedule
• Battery management to include removal and installation before/after an exercise and the re-charging of batteries as directed by the battery management plan to ensure the maximum re-use of the batteries.
• Trouble-shooting and replacement of defective equipment using applicable standard tools and equipment.
• Return of defective equipment including packaging and shipping.
• Acceptance of new/replacement equipment including unpacking and installation.
• Logging maintenance data.
• Perform system administrator (SA) duties to support DSTS site operations to include:
• Ensuring the software and computers are operating properly.
• Ensuring the correct software is downloaded to each computer
• Making sure that log files are cleared to ensure allocations are not exceeded
• Troubleshooting and reporting software problems
• Developing scripts to make operations more efficient.
• Performing system software upgrades.
• Maintain on-site automated logs for pre-operational checkout, preventative and corrective maintenance actions, inventory control, and system usage rate data.
• Training, education and/or experience in simulations and/or their use for training.
• Ability to rapidly learn new software and software-related concepts.
• Capability to readily grasp new concepts and ideas.
• Good communication skills and a team oriented attitude.
• Computer or computer-related operation and troubleshooting experience.
• Computer software installation, maintenance and upgrade experience.
• Physical capability to lift 50 pounds unassisted and/or 150 pounds as part of a two-man lift.
• Ability to lead/control others in a training environment.
• Keen problem solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule when necessitated by training requirements.
• Experience with virtual simulations and VBS2
• Prior experience in the set up and conduct of US Army training exercises
• Prior US Army service (Infantry preferred) or significant experience in the conduct of US Army Infantry training
• IASO 1 online course (now called Information Assurance Fundamentals Training)
• COMPTia A+ certification OR Network + certification OR SSCP certification
• Windows 7 OS certification
Drug-Free Workplace/Drug Testing Employer: Intelligent Decisions maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. A successful drug screen is required prior to employment.
Authorization to Share Resume and Personal Information: By submitting your resume for this position, you authorize Intelligent Decisions to share your resume, as well as personal information included on the resume, with its subsidiaries, affiliates and teaming partners for the purpose of considering you for this position and other available positions requiring comparable skills, education and experience. Should Intelligent Decisions or its affiliates and teaming partners wish to initiate pre-employment discussions, you will be asked to complete an employment application and related employment documents.
EEO and Affirmative Action Policy: Intelligent Decisions, Inc. (ID) is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is the policy of Intelligent Decisions, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action laws, directives and regulations to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under Federal, State or Local laws.