U.S. Citizenship is required. Applicants must possess an active, Federal Government Security Clearance or be willing to undergo a Federal Government background investigation to secure the required clearance.
**THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON TASK ORDER AWARD**
Intelligent Decision is hiring in automated litigation support (ALS) encompassing a wide range of professional services and products that help attorneys acquire, organize, analyze, develop, and present evidence throughout the course of litigation, from pre-filing investigation, through complaint, discovery, and trial, through post-trial briefs and the appeals process. Through the use of professional litigation support services and advanced tools for litigation support, the litigating attorney can use evidence and information effectively to win lawsuits.
• Typically reports to Contractor IT Manager, to Systems Manager, or to Lead Project Manager.
• Consults with COR, Government Case Managers, and trial attorneys as to system requirements and proposed technical approach to IT needs.
• Based on information gathered from such consultations, determines system and project requirements.
• Based on definition of system requirements, designs entire system to meet those requirements.
• On smaller projects, may perform entire range of technical support, including data file conversions, program validations and testing, etc.
• Performs systems evaluations.
• Makes presentations of findings, recommendations, and specifications in formal reports and in oral presentations.
• Also consults with COR regarding task orders, scheduling of work, personnel assignments, priorities and progress reporting; plans, staffs, schedules and develops cost estimates for work to be performed under task orders.
• Reports on contract and task order progress.
• Directs and supervises personnel assigned to perform on task orders, ensuring conformance to work standards and ensuring that the technical design conforms to functional requirements.
• Ensures successful completion of work, timeliness of deliverables, and quality control.
• Prepares system/technical documentation.
• Works under configuration management plan.
• Performs and supervises the technical aspects of the tasks.
• Organizes and conducts user training sessions.
• Prepares training material and training manuals.
• This is a senior level technical position, often the most senior level technical position for all work for a particular DOJ component.
• Must demonstrate substantial, hands-on, successful experience in actually doing the work on the systems being used, usually at least five years of such experience. For example, if most of the databases will be set up using Concordance on a Windows server accessed via the JCON network, the Senior Systems Analyst should have substantial experience, and expertise, in actually doing the work of setting up, populating, troubleshooting, maintaining, documenting, and training users in Concordance databases in that environment.
• Other systems environments will require other specific sets of skills.
• Requires broad knowledge of the Government's IT environments, including office automation networks, and PC and server based databases and applications.
• Experience in a litigation support environment extremely helpful.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
• Supervisory experience very strongly preferred.
• Ability to lead a technical team, and to give it direction, will be very important, as will the demonstrated ability to analyze the attorneys' needs, and to design and implement a whole system solution responsive to those needs.
• Undergraduate degree strongly preferred; preferably in the computer science or information management/technology disciplines.
Drug-Free Workplace/Drug Testing Employer