U.S. Citizenship is required. Applicants must possess an active, Federal Government Security Clearance or be willing to undergo a Federal Government background investigation to secure the required clearance.
**THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON TASK ORDER AWARD**
Intelligent Decision is hiring in automated litigation support (ALS) encompassing a wide range of professional services and products that help attorneys acquire, organize, analyze, develop, and present evidence throughout the course of litigation, from pre-filing investigation, through complaint, discovery, and trial, through post-trial briefs and the appeals process. Through the use of professional litigation support services and advanced tools for litigation support, the litigating attorney can use evidence and information effectively to win lawsuits.
• Works with the trial team, including expert witnesses, to develop plans for trial or hearings using a courtroom presentation system.
• Prepares exhibit images for particular uses (e.g. zooming in on or highlighting a particular paragraph, or setting up two exhibits side by side on the screen).
• Develops simple graphic images/exhibits using standard off-the-shelf software packages.
• Advises attorneys on the effectiveness of certain exhibits or sequences of exhibits.
• Responsible for the smooth operation of the presentation system in the courtroom.
• Digitizes audio and video clips.
• Synchronizes clips with written transcripts.
• Will be the only contractor staff member needed to work with the attorneys in preparing for trial and in presenting materials in the courtroom.
• The services of the Trial Consultant and the Graphics Specialist will be required only very rarely.
• Needs to be a "jack-of-all-trades" capable of performing all trial and courtroom support functions, including equipment set up and troubleshooting, scripting, advising on graphics presentations, and courtroom operation of equipment.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a trial team through the entire pretrial and trial cycle, identifying and scanning exhibits, scripting with the attorneys, setting up the courtroom, operating and troubleshooting the system in the courtroom.
• Must be thoroughly familiar with standard courtroom presentation packages such as Trial Director and Sanction.
• Must have excellent oral communication skills.
• Must be able to work effectively as a team member in an extremely pressured environment.
• Must be able to travel for long periods of time.
• Must be able to work long hours for an extended period of time.
• Trial experience required.
• Familiarity with DOJ office automation environment helpful.
• Other automated litigation support experience valued.
Drug-Free Workplace/Drug Testing Employer